Monday, February 11, 2013

I would like to introduce myself.

Hi everyone!

I am Courtney Drummond.  I have been married to Matt for 2 and half years.  We have two beautiful dogs, Dexter(a 58lbs mutt) and Yogi(a 130lbs Newfoundland).  They are our babies.  Speaking of babies, we are due to have a baby boy on March 16th.  I can't wait to meet him.  We are pretty much prepared and are about as ready as we can be.  He is going to be our first child, and I am so blessed to be having this little guy with the love of my life.  We are so excited for his arrival and love him so much already!

I am also a respiratory therapist.  As a respiratory therapist, I maintain life support for patient's in the intensive care unit, give breathing treatments to patient's with lung disease or acute lung infections, administer preventative treatments for immobile patients, work closely with nurses and physicians to make sure our patients get the best care, and many other things to ensure the best patient outcomes.  I love my career, but I am only going to be working PRN in order to be a stay at home mom and raise our child the way we feel is best.  I am hoping that our schedules work out so that between Matt, myself, and our family he will never have to go to daycare.  I am so looking forward to being home with our little guy, but I have heard from many stay at home mothers that they feel disconnected from the world due to being in the house with a small child all the time and having no adult contact.  I am hoping to work an average of 8-16 hours ever 2 weeks in order to feel like a well rounded adult and use the bachelors degree I worked so hard for.

This is me in a nutshell.  My goal for this blog is to give my point of view on Life Via Drummond.  I am not doing the picture 365 thing, but will update whenever something important to me comes up.

Matt and I at his 26th birthday dinner at the lake house


3 comments: