Saturday, February 9, 2013

I have a problem...

Hello, My name is Matt and I have a garage/workshop problem!


February 9, 2013 - My garage is a pit....


Currently the garage is in constant limbo from a traditional parking spot for my wife's car and a workshop for my woodworking hobby. Unfortunately with the current setup, the two different garage setups can not coexist. For the time being Courtney has been very understanding and has no problem with parking her car outside. This allows the garage to be in "workshop mode" for a couple days while I work on a project.. While this has been working, I hate the current setup. The major problems are:

- Garage looks unorganized and sloppy.
- Quick fix/projects are next to impossible
- Work surfaces are temporary and require the car to be outside
- Storage for wood and tools is done by shoving them to the empty side of the garage which makes findings things difficult.

Moving forward I have some plans to attempt to turn the garage into a workable space!

- Worktable along the wall for tool access and storage
- Rolling 'island' style table for building pieces as well as additional storage
- Rolling island will have a built in table saw and router table.
- Rolling wood storage cart

The plan is to complete part of this makeover in the next couple of weeks before the kid shows up.  I'm sure pictures will be coming!

2 comments:

  1. Scott's gonna have to help so you can get it done faster! And.... First comment ever!

    ReplyDelete