Sunday, February 17, 2013

Taco Stuffed Shells

I tried a new recipe tonight.  It took longer than I would have liked, but it tasted amazing.

Here are pictures illustrating what was needed to make this meal and the steps to complete it:



Black Beans, Pinto Beans, and Large Shells


Enchilada Sauce(I accidently got 2 kinds) but it worked out


Boil Shells


Brown turkey meat then add taco seasoning
Drain beans and add to meat


Stuff shells with meat and beans(took forever)


Had extra meat and beans so I add them
 to the top of the shells


 Pour all 3 cans of enchilada 
sauce over the shells


 Next sprinkle 2 cups of shredded 
cheese over top


Last just baked it all for a half hour at 350 degrees

It was really tasty and we had a ton of leftovers.  YAY!  Next time I think I am going to make it like a Mexican lasagna.  That way I don't have stuff the shells.   It was spicy enough to make your nose run a little, but not so spicy that you can't eat a bunch without burning your tongue.  Bottom line this recipe is Matt and Courtney approved.   


3 comments:

  1. I will have to try this it looks good. Mexican pasta is not something I have ever done.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yea it was a new one for us too.. It was very good!

      Delete
    2. Yea it was a new one for us too.. It was very good!

      Delete